Frequently Asked Questions.


A single session runs for 50 minutes. A 50 minute session costs $80.00.

Medicare, Private Health and NDIS

Counsellors are currently not included in the Medicare Scheme, however, there is extensive lobbying taking place to include counsellors who are suitably qualified and experienced to be able to offer bulk billing and rebates in the future.

Some private health funds offer rebates for counsellors as a part of the extras option so this is worth checking to see if you are able to receive a rebate through your health fund. 

I am able to be registered as an NDIS provider and can offer Worksafe services. Please let me know if you are seeking support through the NDIS or Worksafe.

Otherwise my fees are $80.00 per 50 minute session. 

Payment Options

Bank transfer is the preferred method of payment.

What modalities/therapies do you use?

I use modalities that have a strong evidence base supporting their effectiveness. These include:

  1. Solution Focused Therapy
  2. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
  3. Motivational Interviewing
  4. Narrative Therapy
  5. Psycho-education
  6. Person Centred Therapy

I am happy to explore other modalities as appropriate.

However, I use whichever modality is best suited to the presenting problem and client preferences. Counselling isn’t a one size fits all approach. An effective counsellor understands the clients needs, the nature of the problem and the best strategies to employ at any given time. This is called an Integrative Approach.

Do I need a referral and do you refer on?

No, you do not need a referral from a General Practitioner to see me. All you need to do is make a booking and come in.

If I consider the presenting issues too complex or beyond my professional scope of practice, I will discuss this with you and we will seek out an appropriate professional to meet your needs and I can make a referral if need be.

Are you registered?

Yes, I am registered with the Psychotherpy and Counselling Federation of Australia (PACFA). They are the peak governing body for Psychotherapists and help regulate the industry. You can make complaints to them or get general advice from them about Psychotherapy.

I also receive professional supervision from PACFA/ACA certified supervisors to ensure I am working effectively and ethically to meet the needs of my clients.

Do you have insurance?

Yes. I have public liability and professional indemnity insurance that covers you and me in case of a mishap.

Are you a registered business?

Yes. I am registered with the Australian Taxation Office and have an ABN. My business name is also registered.